The Mobile Copy Station Tour
What is this and who should use it?
The mobile copy station is something that was created to help small herbaria image their collection and share .
Is this right for me?
Some good questions to determine if this copy station is right for your needs. If you answer "Yes" to one or more of these then you should contact us to let us help you decide what is best for you.
The mobile kit comes with everything you need to get started.
- Pelican 1780T watertight protective case (42"x22"x15")
- Copymate II + Lights (includes 2 spare lights)
- Canon 5d MkII + 50mm Macro Lens
- Dell Windows 7 laptop & 20" external monitor
- SilverImage software ready to use. (Software License is associated with the copy station)
- Remote switch
- Barcode scanner & assembly tools included
- Assembly guide & video demonstrations
- 9-5 Tech support and remote training sessions
- Free installation of "Biodiversity Image Server"*
- Free US ground shipping
- 2 TSA Locks used to secure the container
- 5,000 herbarium barcodes to get you started based on your collection code.
The total weight is 115 lbs (52 kg) and can be shipped/transported without any additional packaging. SilverImage & Canon software comes pre installed and ready to use.
*Biodiversity Image Server id free open source software designed to run on a web server and to host Jpeg's taken from the copy station. You would be required to provide your own server and hosting services.
Documents & Videos
Starting Price: $7,200 USD*
To purchase or to discuss including the copy station on your next grant please contact us so we can discuss your project.
*Pricing does not include the cost of labor nor does it include the RAID storage. Depending on your needs this may not be required. If you wish to store your images locally we offer these additional options to be included in your mobile copy station when shipped. All order will be shipped within 30 days of purchase.
LaCie RAID Storage Options:
- LaCie 2Big 2TB (15,000 Specimen Images)
- Group of collections wanting to share equipment and split the cost.
- Bigger collection that wants to loan out their copy station for regional imaging efforts
- ADBC joint project to rapidly digitize many herbaria.
- Traveling imagers. If you plan to travel from location to location imaging collections.
We understand that it is not always necessary to purchase equipment if your project is a short one time task. If you are in this situation and wish you could rent a copy station for a week to a few months then this option might be for you.
Starting in the fall of 2012 we will begin offering mobile copy stations to rent within the continental United States. The rental price will begin at $300 for the first week and $250 for each additional week. To and from shipping is not included and varies based on your location.
- Small or dormant herbarium collection.
- Part of the "TCN Lichen & Bryophyte" project and need to image your collection.
- Imaging deadlines and needing an extra copy station to complete your project sooner.
- Small Herbaria of Michigan
Contact us to find out how we can help image your collections.